Friday, August 26, 2016

Utah trip, part one. Highway 12.

I see that it's been a long time since I posted here.
Well, here's a good one.
Over the last two weeks, my wife and I have explored Southern Utah. We started by having dinner at Mom's Cafe in Salina, Utah.



Then we spent the night at the Days Inn, Richfield Utah,


Very nice.

In the morning, we drove to The Big Rock Candy Mountain. 





That was lots of fun. Brings back fond memories of stopping there with my grandparents when I was a kid. Julie and I talked about camping here in one of their cabins, and seeing if our family would join us.

Then we headed to Circleville, Utah, to see the home of Butch Cassidy. 



This is actually the home that Max Parker built. He was Robert Leroy Parker's father. When this house was built, Robert had already left Circleville to become Butch Cassidy, the outlaw.

Here's the homestead where Butch was raised. It's about two miles south of town.








No comments:

Post a Comment